Sunday, July 27, 2014

Short Hair Rules!


I'm about to embark on a great adventure...with my hair.  There comes a time in every girl's life when she has to get highlights.  My time has come.  I've been doing research on salons around my area and I've decided that I want to go to this trendy shop that gets high praise on yelp (Yeah, I know, you can't always trust yelp).  I'm going to get my hair cut too and hope that I leave there without spending $300. Yikes!  I'm used to spending, well, not that much on my hair.  (and btw, I tend to write about rl stuff as boring as that seems).

So this leads to an interesting discussion I had with someone a couple of weeks ago. Actually, it wasn't really a discussion.  It was him telling me his opinion even though I didn't ask for it.

This person (who shall remain nameless) commented to me that my hair was getting long and that it looked really good.  I think that was a compliment, right?  So I thanked him and said that I was going to get it cut soon, not going into details of what kind of cut or how short etc.  And he practically jumped down my throat. "Why would you want to ruin the only thing you have going for you"?  He then proceeded to tell me that men don't like short hair and that he sees so many women who ruin their looks by cutting their hair short.  I swear, I didn't know if I should have laughed...or cried.  And umm...does he know what all men like?

So I started asking around and it turns out people are all over my place regarding hair length and attractiveness.  Yes, many men prefer long hair but many of them also like short hair.

I have long hair (little longer than mid-back length) and it's kind of thick.  I say "kind of" because I started losing my hair in 2008.  I have no idea why but then it suddenly stopped falling out.  It tends to do this when I 'm stressed out which is basically all the time! People tell me they can't tell that my hair looks thinner-I hope so.  But I definitely know it's about 50% less thick then it used to be.

So I will ignore what this person says and get my hair cut shoulder length (maybe even shorter-gasp!) and get me some highlights. I'm thinking of some deep reds but who knows.  (and if you're wondering why I didn't tell this person off, it's because you can't get into disagreements with him.  Because even if you're right, you won't win and will most likely end up in tears).

Let's celebrate short hair!  And remember Hair Fair is almost over (and by the time I publish this it probably will be).

hair:  sYs, lio @ Hair Fair
dress:  Fishy Strawberry (yay!), carthage dress @ FaMESHed
pose:  EverGlow (remember, there is sale going on!!!)
skin:  Glam Affair, Lilith-arctic
place:  The Trace (great place to take photos)

No comments: