Monday, May 28, 2012

Home and Garden Expo-Darla Treehouse

The Home and Garden Expo is ending tonight (12am SLtime).  I've had so much fun with this event and had the best intentions of blogging daily-damn you rl.  With 14 sims, it's kind of hard to cover everything you love in two blog posts but I'm sure I'll be posting expo stuff after it's over.

One of my favorite rides/attractions at Disneyland was the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (the other being Pirates in case you were wondering).  I have memories of when I was 5 or 6 going up the treehouse and imagined myself touching the stars at night.  The ride changed to Tarzan's Treehouse 15 years ago or so-lame but whatever.  

As some of you know, I'm a prefab whore so I had to have the Darla Treehouse by HomeKraft because yeah, any treehouse reminds me of the Robinson Family (Swiss).  I kind of went a little crazy styling this one.  How many different store items can you fit in one room?!  Quite a lot, actually.


Here is the rope going up to the tree and here is me climbing up the rope.  

Blue is my color right now.  I want everything in blue so I love that the Darla Treehouse is blue on both the exterior and interior. 

The room is quite big-I like to separate big areas into different living spaces.  

More great stuff from {what next} in the Living Room area. 

The adorable prints in the corner are by {Kiro} and available at UrbanARTs at the Expo.  She also has some stuff in the latest round of the The Gallery Gift Shop.

One of my favorite new stores I discovered at the Expo (new to me) is Melino Style on the UrbanizeD sim.  I love the Moroccan colors and style of their decor.

I have a ton of hodgepodge stuff from Lisp so I decided to use the boho bed for the bedroom space.

I was eyeing this sofa by [LeeZu!] all week and I finally got it.  The two prints are freebies from UrbanARTs.

Finally, I went a little crazy at the Zanzo store on the {what next sim}.  I bought several things by *KKPW* (Knick Knack Paddy Whack-by creators of Zanzo) including this awesome chairbarrow.

If you have any time today, try to spend a few at the Expo-so many great finds this year. Thanks to everyone who put on such a fantastic event!

Note:  I put a star next to all the items that I didn't get at the Expo
house:  Darla Treehouse
*landscape-UrbanizeD (my go-to place for grass!)

Deck
chairbarrow:  *KKPW*
*bistro set:  Dreamscapes Art Gallery
finch's birdbox:  *KKPW*-RFL item

Entryway
raindrop curtains:  Insight Designs
jardin magnifique sofa and studio fur carpet:  [LeeZu!]
wall paintings:  Piedra Lubitsch -freebies at UrbanARTs
antique book piles:  Sweet Sorrows
octagon side table:  Melino Style
shoji lamp:  *KKPW*

Bedroom Space
villa park door screen:  fucifino
hengsha cubby hole:  *KKPW*
love letters desk:  Thistle
wall tree:  Prime-RFL item
*hodgepodge bed-blue boho:  Lisp
*bookcase:  Tranquility Way Station (TWS)
row of books:  Sweet Sorrows

Kitchen Space
tiled block table and chairs and vivid silk rug:  Melino Style
Marmiton Collection, bowl and vase and tosta amore:  *KKPW*
*sweet moonstone frige:  LeBloom
*traditional hearth console, woodburning stove and fancy cake:  Lisp
retro kitchen prints:  {what next}
asian arte rug:  Prime


Chill/Music/Book/TV Space
loungin chair & a half, loungin floor pillows (RFL items), fleeftone retro record player, and pile of vinyl:  {what next}
*vintage tv:  Lisp
studio fur carpet:  [LeeZu!]
*estate sale bookstack:  Clutter-Retirement sale through June 10!!!
*messy stack of books:  Designer Prims
lost angel 1 & 2 prints:  [AH] at UrbanARTs
text art:  The Gallery Gift Shop

Door Corner
trash to treasures rug:  ~La'Licious~
*eastleigh yoga mat:  CP
lullaby sand timer table:  Lisp
eco cup (sound of coffee):  *KKPW*
*summertime bicycle pose prop:  {what next}
trouble and modern day dino prints:  {Kiro} at UrbanARTs-RFL items
*the fox panda duo print:  {Kiro}at The Gallery Gift Shop

bodhi bonsai:  .:buddhabeats:.-RFL item
light up Joe-chandelier:  elefantu

Fashion
top:  draped crop tee, ISON 
shorts:  frill shorts, *GF*
hair:  late at night, Exile at TDRB-New

4 comments:

Nissa Nightfire said...

adorable! I love that treehouse ... and have always loved the romance of Swiss Family Robinson :)

Epione Serendipity said...

Thank you Nissa. It means a lot that you read this!

Anna Donner said...

Wow. If I ever have actual prims to play with, you are so going to get drafted as my decorator.

The tree house looks amazing, and the interior feels so very homey.

Epione Serendipity said...

Awww-you are so sweet Anna. I would love to help you out with decorating!