Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Skin Deep

One of the first things I needed to do inworld was to get rid of my horrifying newbie appearance. Actually, it wasn't that bad (see first post below).

I wanted Epione to have a unique, ethnic type of look but I also wanted a high quality and affordable skin. As I was doing research for this post (translation: trying on many skin demos), I realized affordable and high quality do not necessarily go together especially if you're referring to skin. And, as you know, there are many beautiful skins out there and I am constantly amazed at the talent of the designers. As I was trying on skin, I thought it would be fun to attempt to create one on my own but skin design requires photoshop (I think). And as someone who has just spent many early morning hours trying to make my images presentable(at the very least)for this post, I think my skin design goals will have to be put on hold for awhile. I've taken several classes in photoshop...several years ago so I'm kind of relearning so be patient with my pics.

"Skin Deep" will be an ongoing topic. I have yet to decide on one skin but I can tell you now that I'm already leaning toward one designer/store but my mind could change tomorrow (it probably will). I know many people change their skins often but I'm not sure I want to do that with Epione but nothing is set in stone. Below, is a sample of four different skins at four different prices. For the most part, I only purchased one skin of each style. Most of the prices range from L600-1200 per skin and fat packs range from L1800-8500(the L8500 set included 15 skins). I'm not a skin expert so this review is going to be high on praise and low on criticism.

All pics were taken at Fire Beach

Den-Dou
If you're looking for an Asian style that has a young feel to it then Den-Dou is a great place to start. I had to try on different hair and clothing styles until I warmed to the Heidi skin. The eyes are beautiful and draw you in immediately. I tend to like darker skins but the lighter shades of Heidi are quite lovely. There are also some goth and fantasy style skins at Den-Dou.


skin: Den-Dou, Heidi, Rich-/02 Sugar
hair: Truth, Milla, Chocolate
swimsuit: Sea Hole, star-studded MONoKini
animation: Olive Juice, Clever Girl

Redgrave
I've become a Redgrave believer! Her skins are gorgeous and affordable. A fat pack is L2999 and one skin is L990 which is quite reasonably considering the quality of the product. Hana2 in Mahogany reminded me of a mixed African American and Latin beauty. The skin appears very smooth and the eyebrows compliment the style perfectly. I look forward to trying more skins at Redgrave.


skin: Redgrave, 01Mahogany-Hana2
hair: Truth, Minx2 in Java
bikini: SF Design, Tiger Print
animations: Olive Juice, Morning Glory in Bloom

Skin Within
When I started searching for exotic skins I came across
Skin Within. Ayesha Bisiani specializes in ethnic skins and has an amazing variety at her store. Since I wanted to focus on "affordable" skins for this first post, I focused mainly on her sale section. Adhira is a fair, pale skin which normally wouldn't be my first choice but I immediately took to it when I tried it on. Also, it's not a bad deal at L600 per skin (non-sale skins are L1200 each). The skin has a more realistic feel to it from the freckles to the gradual shading of the overall skin.


skin: Skin Within, Adhira Skin
bikini: Sf Design, Ursula in orange
hair: Truth, Eloise in auburn
shoes: A-bomb, Nazumi sneakers
animations: Olive Juice, Morning Glory in Bloom

OC-Orage Creations
OC also has some exotic and interesting skins. Of the four skins in this review, I thought the shading on Rhea was the best. The shadows and shading on her is awesome. Also, Rhea's face is very detailed with a subtle amount of shading. Rhea has an exotic look to her and could come from almost anywhere.


skin: OC-Orage Creations, Rhea skin,
hair: Truth, Joanna in caramel
bikini: Sand Shack Surf Co, Moana, Ocean Flower
shoes:A-bomb, Nazumi sneakers.
necklace: Iced Butterfly Black Pearl, MND hunt gift
animations: Abranimations AO1 and Olive Juice, Clever Girl

No comments: